Retreat and Camping Ministries Response to COVID-19
As the spread of COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, has now impacted the Mid-Atlantic region we wanted to share our planning and preparedness with regards to upcoming retreat reservations.
Camp Harmison, Manidokan Camp & Retreat Center, and The West River Center will follow Maryland state health recommendations regarding closure or cancellation of group gatherings.
As our facilities are now closed due to state mandate:
For current retreat groups – we will work with all currently scheduled retreat groups to reschedule your event. We will work with you to reschedule your group before the end of 2021 and transfer your deposit to a new date.
For Summer Camps – we are planning on running our amazing summer camp programs as scheduled. While we have always had procedures in place regarding communicable diseases at camp we are currently working to enhance our policies and practices regarding pre-camp health screening at check-in, camp of all campers, internal and external communication systems, and emergency plans to meet new criteria for mitigation of COVID-19.
While our preparations for summer are ongoing, we also know this is a fluid situation and there is the possibility that our schedule will need to be changed or even cancelled. We will communicate these decisions, if needed, as soon as they are made. We have modified our refund policy to accommodate this unique circumstance:
- If we cancel the program(s) your camper is registered for, you will receive a full refund.
- If we run the program(s) your camper is registered for but you choose not to send your camper:
- If you cancel more than one month prior to the start of the program you will receive a full refund, minus $25 processing fee.
- If you cancel between one month and two weeks prior to the start of the program you will receive a refund, minus the $100 deposit and $25 processing fee.
- If you cancel less than two weeks prior to the start of the program you will not receive a refund with the exception of a documented medical/family crisis.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing. You can email our registrar at email@example.com and must include camper name and program name.
We care about the health and well being of our guests and remind you to follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for preventing the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
All our facilities are thoroughly cleaned between each group including disinfecting mattresses and frequently touched areas. Our camp staff will make additional rounds to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces during events.
Below are links to the CDC and State of Maryland Health Department so you can find the most credible and up to date information regarding COVID-19.
- The Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- MD State Health Department: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
We will continue to reach out to group leaders with any developments that may impact your event.
Blessings and Peace,
Director of Retreat & Camping Ministries