The Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church (BWC) Retreat and Camping Ministries (RCM) doing business as: Camp Harmison, Manidokan Camp and Retreat Center, and The West River Center has established the following policies and procedures pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic for all summer camp programs
These policies and procedures will apply to summer camp groups and participants, as updated information from state and local agencies becomes available we will be updating this information.
Summer Camp in State of Maryland
Summer Camps in the State of Maryland are waiting to hear from state authorities if 2021 day and overnight programs will be allowed. Our site staffs are currently planning for programs in 2021 to happen with many adaptions for safety around COVID-19. We will update this site as we have more details leading into next summer.
Changes in local health directives at any point may still result in modifications or even cancelation of the event.
*The counties for our sites are:
Camp Harmison: Morgan County, West Virginia
Manidokan Camp and Retreat Center: Washington County, Maryland
The West River Center: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Participant Health Screening and Waiver
Most likely there will be some at-home requirements of campers and families prior to their coming to camp. During camp there will be daily health checks and screenings throughout the week. More details to come.
RCM Enhanced Cleaning
RCM staff will take the following enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures:
- Bathrooms, bedrooms, meeting rooms, and high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with EPA approved cleaners.
- While your group is on site all common spaces and bathrooms accessible to more than one group will be cleaned three times per day and between assigned group usage.
- Cleaning records will be viewable in each building.
- Additional cleanings of high touch surfaces within each facility will happen several times a day.
- Meal service will be altered to provide sufficient physical distancing between participants and groups (spacing or eating in shifts) or served in your meeting space. The dining hall will be cleaned and disinfected between each meal service.
- Site activities such as high ropes, boating, archery, etc. will follow COVID-19 operational and cleaning guidelines developed by the corresponding industry leaders/associations.
Camp sizes may also be limited by state or local restrictions.
Onsite Logistics and Requirements
- Hand sanitizer will be located at each building entrance. Guests must use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving a building.
- Masks will be worn during some program times, more details to come.
For Manidokan Site Specific
For site specific changes for Camp Manidokan in Washington County, click here.
For West River Site Specific
For site specific changes for West River Center in Anne Arundel County, click here.