West River is happy to offer families the following opportunities during 2021, pending COVID conditions. Reservations must be made in advance for all events/activities, some will incur fees. To book or for more details call 410-867-0991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Retreats – Families (who have been quarantined together) can rent our cabins for a fall get-away! Cabin rentals are $100/night per cabin. Clergy and their families will receive a $25 discount. Meals not included. Enjoy the serenity of the site, walk along the waterfront, walk through our self-guided marsh trail, and enjoy a campfire. Some staff led activities such as the climbing wall, boating or archery can be added for additional fee. Reservations must be made in advance.
Boating on Saturday Afternoons
Come out for an afternoon paddle and enjoy the beautiful views around the West River! Book a 1 hour time slot for canoes, stand-up paddleboards or kayaking. $20/per adult, $10/per kid ages 10 and under. To reserve Saturday boating only please click here for our Signup genius page. If you’d like to combine boating with an overnight stay please contact our offices.
Picnic & a Campfire – Friday & Saturdays
Ready to get an evening out? Pack up the family, bring a picnic dinner and plenty of s’mores supplies and come to West River to enjoy an evening around the campfire! Spaces now available for Friday and Saturday evenings through September and October. Click here to book an evening on our Signup genius page.
Carryout Dinners – Wednesdays to Saturdays
Chef Matt Frederikson at West River will offer carry-out family style dinners, made to order for pick up each evening Wednesdays to Saturdays. Choose from a variety of menu options, fees vary between $49-$120. All orders must be called in at minimum 1 day in advance. This is a great dinner option for those families renting a cabin!
Nature Activities/Educational Resources
Guests are also able to enjoy and learn about our local ecology at West River through the following activities. Please feel free to download and print these resources prior to your trip. Overnight guests can enjoy these at any time during their stay or families can click here to pre-register to visit our site for a two-hour period for Nature Activities on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Tips and Preparing for your Visit (PDF)
- Nature Checklist – basic checklist of various living things you may see on your visit. (PDF)
- Numbered Nature Walk – walk along our Marshtrail and refer to this at specific points on the trail (PDF)
- Nature Bingos! – Pictured bingo cards for kids to enjoy a game while exploring! (PDFs)
- Plant ID – this has common names and photos of local plants to help you identify what you will see (PDF)
- At-Home Activities – Take the experience of West River home with you by trying out one or more of these activities with things you can find around your house. Each activity lists objectives, materials and suggested age-range. (PDF)
Self-Guided Activities – Once guests are on site there are many self-guided activities you can do, please bring your own equipment, sports balls, etc.
- Outdoor Volleyball court
- Outdoor Basketball court
- Large playing field
- Frisbee Golf
- Ga-Ga ball pit
- 9-Square in the Air
- Human Foosball Court
- Nature Trails
- NEW – Prayer Walk
- Fishing (license required)