West River is happy to offer families the following opportunities during the pandemic, pending COVID conditions. Reservations must be made in advance for all events/activities, some will incur fees. To book or for more details call 410-867-0991 or email email@example.com
Family Retreats – Families (who have been quarantined together) can rent our cabins for a fall get-away! Cabin rentals are $100/night per cabin. Meals not included. (Clergy can enjoy one free 2-night stay per year). Enjoy the serenity of the site, walk along the waterfront, walk through our self-guided marsh trail, and enjoy a campfire. Some staff led activities such as the climbing wall, boating or archery can be added for additional fee. Reservations must be made in advance.
Nature Activities/Educational Resources
Guests are also able to enjoy and learn about our local ecology at West River through the following activities. Please feel free to download and print these resources prior to your trip.
- Tips and Preparing for your Visit (PDF)
- Nature Checklist – basic checklist of various living things you may see on your visit. (PDF)
- Numbered Nature Walk – walk along our Marshtrail and refer to this at specific points on the trail (PDF)
- Nature Bingos! – Pictured bingo cards for kids to enjoy a game while exploring! (PDFs)
- Plant ID – this has common names and photos of local plants to help you identify what you will see (PDF)
- At-Home Activities – Take the experience of West River home with you by trying out one or more of these activities with things you can find around your house. Each activity lists objectives, materials and suggested age-range. (PDF)
Self-Guided Activities – Once guests are on site there are many self-guided activities you can do, please bring your own equipment, sports balls, etc.
- Outdoor Volleyball court
- Outdoor Basketball court
- Large playing field
- Frisbee Golf
- Ga-Ga ball pit
- 9-Square in the Air
- Human Foosball Court
- Nature Trails
- NEW – Prayer Walk
- Fishing (license required)