Retreat and Camping Ministries is excited to share new online opportunities for young people this summer! Beginning June 15th, each day will bring a touch of camp to your house! These opportunities will be shared on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and on our website at www.bwccampsandretreats.com/2020summeronline. Each week will contain a mixture of videos and printable resources. All offerings are free, and we encourage you to share them with your friends.
- Mondays: Scripture for meditation and reflection as you start your week.
- Tuesdays: On “Try it Tuesdays” we will share videos in each of five tracks we will continue through the summer. These videos will allow young people to try new things and build upon those skills each week. The five tracks are:
- Cooking: Our camp chefs will share their secrets to awesome camp food!
- Knot Tying: Used on our climbing wall, boats, and other high ropes activities; knot tying is a super useful skill at camp or at home.
- Art: From photography to poetry and more, art can be an expression of prayer and connection with God.
- Health: Physical and mental health are crucial to caring for God’s greatest gift, you!
- Camp Skills: From fire building to orienteering, take your outdoor skills to the next level!
- Wednesdays: Crafts and activities designed to get you outdoors.
- Thursdays: Get the inside scoop on projects around camp this summer and have some fun as we look back on past summers.
- Fridays: Community Conversations with campers, volunteers, and more invite you to hear how camp changes lives.
- Saturdays: More crafts and activities designed to get you outdoors.
We pray this online material will allow young people in the BWC to stay connected to camp this summer, try a new skill (or 2 or 5), and be encouraged to spend time outdoors in God’s amazing creation. We know this is a very challenging time and we hope this will bring your family some of the fun, joy, and personal and spiritual growth of camp at home this summer.
Hiking at Manidokan Now Available!
Manidokan has nearly 10 miles of hiking trails. These trails are now available for families enjoy. To control access to the property and maintain physical distancing reservations are required for your family to hike. Visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4ca5a828aafa7-manidokan to reserve your spot.
As further state and local restrictions are lifted this summer, Manidokan and West River will begin to offer additional onsite daytime experiences for families such as picnics/campfires, high ropes activities, and paddle sports. Stay tuned for future announcements!