Site Director at Manidokan Camp & Retreat Center
The Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church is seeking a Site Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to manage Manidokan Camp & Retreat Center, a 426-acre property along the Potomac River with year-round accommodations for 130 people in addition to tenting and rustic camping opportunities. The successful candidate will have the ability and passion to further our work to create sacred spaces that nurture Christian faith and discipleship, teach creation care, extend Christian hospitality and community, develop principled spiritual leaders and inspire and equip lives for love and justice.
- Provide overall oversight for Manidokan including hospitality, food service, maintenance, program development, administration, and finance.
- Develop and implement a mission strategy for the site consistent with that of the Conference and Retreat & Camping Ministries.
- Ensure the site is in compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Promote and recruit campers, volunteers, and retreat groups.
- Select, supervise, and develop staff as needed to achieve the mission strategy.
- Practicing and committed Christian, preferably of United Methodist denomination.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one year experience in a supervisory or administrative role in retreat and camping ministries.
- History and continued commitment to IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism) work.
- Ability to attain needed certifications for program leadership and facility management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid financial management skills.
- Basic understanding of facility management.
Reports to: Director of Retreat & Camping Ministries.
This full-time year-round position includes: salary, onsite housing, medical insurance plan, and retirement.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We anticipate an early November start date. For consideration send cover letter and resume to BWC HR Director Francess Tagoe, at email@example.com.