Dear Parents and Guardians,
The weather has hopefully turned the corner to summer and camp is on our minds! We are so excited for your camper to join us this summer! In this email you will find important information regarding their time at Manidokan and/or West River.
Following the guidance of the CDC and state health department we have updated our COVID-19 safety protocols. Our top priority is the safety of our campers, volunteers, and staff. I want to highlight two specific details.
- All overnight campers upon arrival will be required to present a negative COVID-19 from within 24hrs before the start of camp.
- Note: campers in the West River day camp program do not need a negative test result.
- The rest of our protocols will vary based on the CDC level of community spread in Washington County (Manidokan) and Anne Arundel County (West River) on the Friday before your camper’s program starts.
- You can find all the details in the links below.
In addition to our COVID-19 safety procedures please remember to review/complete the following items before camp.
- Make sure your camper has everything they need to camp by checking out the packing list which also includes check-in details which will be a drive thru process again this summer.
- Complete all of your camper’s medical information in the CampWise system and get medication forms signed by your doctor for prescription and over the counter medications. Log in to our system here: Parent CampWise Portal
Finally, we are still looking for volunteers and staff to help led our programs this summer. If you or someone you know would be interested, please reach out to our office.
- Weekly volunteer counselors (18yrs +)
- Summer long paid staff positions
- Program staff (18yrs +)
- Kitchen aides (14yrs +)
- Cooks (18yrs +)
- Lifeguards (16yrs +)
- Maintenance (16yrs +)
- Drivers (21yrs +)
If you have any questions about camp this summer, please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-867-0991.
See you at camp soon!
Chris Schlieckert, Director BWC Retreat and Camping Ministries and The West River Center
Rev. Kirstin Shrom-Rhoads, Director Manidokan Camp and Retreat Center